Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Wabbit Chronicles: in which Buster and Bailey rise to Meet the Challenge of the Scourge of Little Rodents and Birds among us.

So I was thinking...
No, it didn't hurt!
I do have very intelligent thoughts upon occasion you know.
To get back to this thinking thing... I was thinking about all the squeaky little rodents
that are all around us....all of the time.
Also thinking of all the pesky birds
that fly in and out of our yard harassing us.
They are always dropping sticks on our heads... tweeting at us all of the time.


I woke Ms.Blue up to tell her about my thoughts of birds and such.. she said,
"we must remove them...one by one ... or two by two.
Whichever works, and relocate them somewhere else.
We will have to patrol the yard -- the house -- everywhere -- even the car!
These rodents and birds seem to be coming out of the woodwork around here!"


Yes Sir.. I mean Ma'am.. I am ever ready.
HAH!
I've got one!
it's still wiggling!
I have him in my punishing jaws... throttling him to an inch of his little bunny tail --
or
is that tale?
What do I do with him???? he's still wiggling around and tickling my tongue!
I don't want to squeeze to hard ya know.


Hey BUSTER!
I've got one of those pesky birds!
It was flapping around in the house -- it's a poor peasant pheasant, hungry and far far away from home.
I think he's lost.....BUSTER!!!!!
He's looking for a spot to hole up until the spring thaw.
Maybe we need to rethink this idea of patroling the yard to remove the rodents and pesky pheasants and other feathery sorts.

You mean we shouldn't have hassenpfeffer for dinner????
or pheasant under glass????
or mole soup????


Uh... BUSTER, I think,
we need to think more about what we think we should do.
What do think about that?
I think I'll sleep on it and make the decision tomorrow.... after all tomorrow is another day!


ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

more to come!
B

7 comments:

Clive said...

Sleeping on it is a very good idea! That's what I find usually works for me anyway!

take care
Clive

Asta said...

Pewsephone
You and Bustew have posed some vewy big questions..these pwoblems need to be pondewed and considewed..I think you did a gweat jpb of catching those feathewy and fuwwy pests, but sleeping on the pwoble seems like a good idea
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Sue said...

You should come visit us. Sunday Tsar killed a mole by pouncing on it, then he left it in the grass. Bailey found it and tenderized it, but before they could dine, meanie Mom disposed of the main course.

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

A feast of Hops and Flaps!

YUM!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra & Khousin Merdie

The 'splorin' Wolfies said...

...i meant to tell you before that i loved that hudsons bay jacket--where did you get that?

Persephone and Buster said...

my humomm got it at LL Beans.....said i needed something not to warm that would "breath"....how does that work? is it alive? anyhow.. I'll be 10years old in may so she wants to make sure my bones stay warm...so lucky me has a hudson's bay blanket jacket to toast with.
Ms.Bailey Blue.. the mom of Persephone & theBUSTER!

Anonymous said...

Wooo! That bunny stuffie looks cool!!! We wanted to thank you for stopping by our blog to wish Sitka a healthy recovery! Hope to learn more about you all!
Meows, Hugs, and Puppy Woos,
Tia, Sitka, and Cornelia Marie