Saturday, September 27, 2008

My Boring Day -- by Buster

I don't know what the big deal is. October's almost here, and my human lackeys are scurrying about like rodents before a snowstorm. The look of subdued panic on their faces is comical. They just don't understand that the natural state of the Universe is that of restful inertia.



This morning, the demigods of Bad Weather brought gloom and showers.



Green things in the garden got a little greener, even as the leaves turned amber and crimson.


Bailey committed herself to her favorite Olympic sport.


While Bailey soaked up sleep, the mandevilla on the porch soaked up the rain...



I determined to commence my morning workout of aerobic scratching.



Which reminded Mom that it was time to do some grooming. I hate to admit this, but I rather like all the attention.


While all this was happening, I ordered my steak. This time, Dad cooked it the right way--rare enough so that it was still wiggling when served.



After dinner, I reflected on the fundamental hardship of my life. It's not easy having to figure out when to eat, sleep, and respond to spontaneous, unsolicited expressions of affection!



The evening movie was "Underdog!" I could watch this over and over again. That little cocker spaniel is one hot chick !



Sigh...it's been a long, difficult, and exhausting day. So I deserve to curl up with MyCat and reflect on all my accomplishments!


Guess what? More rain is forecast tomorrow!

I hope I can summon the strength.

Cheers,

theBuster


2 comments:

Faya said...

Hello ! Vous ne jouez pas dehors quand il pleut ? Moi j'aime bien mais il faut laver les pattes après et ça j'aime pas. Ici pas de pluie depuis plus de 10 jours ! Un record...
Bisous, Faya

Molly the Airedale said...

This dreary rain is starting to get to us, Buster! It's crampin' our style! We need our regular walkies!
Mitch got groomed too! We agree with you - we love the attention!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch